- A teacher loses part of his hand when his paperweight explodes. Guess you shouldn't keep live ammo on your desk, huh?
- Much like the church and Galileo, Alabama pardons Rosa Parks (posthumously) in a unanimous house vote.
- Forbes reports that the business trend of streamlining finances by cutting worker benefits may be ending due to the fact that workers have few benefits left to cut.
- Scientists funded by the European Space Agency (ESA) report that they've created artificial gravity for the first time in an observable laboratory setting.
- Speaking of space, astronomers report the discovery of a giant galactic cloud, estimated to be 463 billion miles wide, that consists of alcohol. God's liquor cabinet?
- McDonald's experiments with a new "upscale" branding at some downtown locations, including all-new decor and bathroom attendants. But will the food be any better? Or even edible?
- Speaking of food, there's a tragic cautionary tale about a young girl that choked to death while playing a fatal Chubby Bunny round with marshmallows.
- Also in the dangerous foods category, Alameda County (my home!) voted to ban marajuana-flavored candy. Having been near enough to smell weed before, why anyone would want that as a lollipop flavor?
- Finally, an optimistic look at futuristic sci-fi tech, as spray-on clothes are finally available. Fabric in a can!
News or Not?
I got a chance to see Zootopia with my family this past weekend. [No spoilers below, don’t worry.] This is a movie that I’ve been looking forward to…
Kit and I flew down to FC. The flight was an inauspicious start to the trip... SF was stacked up due to weather. We actually took off at 11:15…
I started my next novel manuscript during this past month. I used the momentum of NaNoWriMo to get things jumpstarted. I did not expect to reach…