- New Species of Mouse Discovered on Cyprus. Darn cute, too!
- Methamphetamine Helps Brain Damage in a new test on rats. No reports on whether the rats enjoyed it.
- Used Tubing Company Web Site Inadvertently DDOSd. Owners of utube.com (leading "used tubing and piping" supplier) were knocked offline after recent news stories about YouTube led to a tidal wave of misdirected surfers pulling up utube instead.
- Schoolyard Chant Identifies Heist Getaway Car. Kids used a chant to quickly memorize the license plate of the car used in an armored car robbery happening nearby. Article fails to mention whether accompanying hand jive was used to ID the suspect.
- Chef Constructs Wedding Gown from Cream Puffs. You really need to see the photo accompanying the article to appreciate this.
Rats (and Mice) in the News
I got a chance to see Zootopia with my family this past weekend. [No spoilers below, don’t worry.] This is a movie that I’ve been looking forward to…
Kit and I flew down to FC. The flight was an inauspicious start to the trip... SF was stacked up due to weather. We actually took off at 11:15…
I started my next novel manuscript during this past month. I used the momentum of NaNoWriMo to get things jumpstarted. I did not expect to reach…