It went pretty well, over all. I found a couple areas that need work. I have to put some vent holes in the head foam; it's just too hot. Also, the white on his toes shows any and all dirt. He'll probably have to be an inside-only costume from now on.
People seemed to like him and I got a good handful of compliments in the hallway afterwards from people who know my odd hobby. As usual, didn't win anything in the contest, though. (I've never won any non-con contest.) But the winners were a trio who did an excellent Blue Man Group; they were spot-on and earned their win. :D
I'll see about getting some pictures of Safari to post. This costume is certainly... different from the usual. I went for a very toy-ish look. But I'm reasonably happy with how it came out.
Seems every fursuit I do has to be an experiment. I should do just a regular bodysuit+head sometime. Maybe next fursuit... Hmmm....
*finished = wearable and looks complete despite a dozen pins around the edges of the feet and a couple safety pins inside to accomplish last-minute adjustments.