- Red Wine May Offset High Fat Diet - Studies showed that an ingredient in red wine helped to counteract the effects of a high fat diet. These had to be some of the happiest lab rats!
- Weird Al Breaks Top 10 - His new album, Straight Outta Lynwood, reached the #10 rank on Billboard. His single, "White and Nerdy," hit the #9 single spot. Wowza! As a long-time Al fan, I'm delighted.
- Couchsurfing Becomes Organized Travel Trend - Web sites are being set up to arrange borrowed-couch-nights for people traveling on the cheap.
- Republicans Blame Losses on Democrats - Republican leaders believe that the public has not roundly rejected their policies, but that concerted Democratic efforts "undermined their message" during the campaign.
- (Ex-)Pastor Haggard Apologizes for Everything - He boldly switched tactics from denying homosexual affairs to admitting homosexual affairs to denying involvement with meth to purchasing meth but denying use (what, he bought it as a knick knack?) to admitting to everything and apologizing.
- Elderly Harmonica Player Arrested for Copyright Violation - A 78-year-old man who plays harmonica in a Japanese bar was arrested for copyright infringement of tunes by the Beatles and other artists.
- Jewish Community Celebrates Opening of Central Munich Synagogue - German community embraces the newly-constructed synagogue in the heart of the city. The dedication ceremony marks the 68th anniversary of the Kristallnacht horror.
News Or Not?
I got a chance to see Zootopia with my family this past weekend. [No spoilers below, don’t worry.] This is a movie that I’ve been looking forward to…
Kit and I flew down to FC. The flight was an inauspicious start to the trip... SF was stacked up due to weather. We actually took off at 11:15…
I started my next novel manuscript during this past month. I used the momentum of NaNoWriMo to get things jumpstarted. I did not expect to reach…