I think this was one of the best FCs for me. I ran some events, but not too many, and had a great time. I got a chance to actually talk to a lot of people (some of whom I'd had to blow off the last couple of years because I had so many events to run).
We had a great showing at Iron Artist this year. Thanks to everyone who signed up, participated, and ran the event. (Special thanks to Higgins, who really came through on wrangling equipment.) Dusty, always great on stage, made his second appearance as a challenger. Congrats to Cameroo, a challenger who managed to defeat one of the Iron Artists. Marci managed, yet again, to create a piece of overwhelming cuteness. And we had a wonderful pair of ex-IA judges in Vince and Gneech.
Lite Brite is a theme that we've wanted to do for a while. But cost and planning has always been an issue. We managed to create our own ghetto-pseudo-Lite-Brite sets. They were both larger and cheaper than the genuine articles. And, since I've been asked a couple times, we got the thousands of pegs from eBay.
The other event that I was responsible for was the traditional improv workshop. We were scheduled to overlap the end of the FVS (it started at 8, we started at 9:30). I figured that it wasn't a problem since people could always wander in late. Then the FVS started at 9:08 and I was somewhat concerned.
I needn't have worried. We had a core contingent of improvvers, including many familiar faces from previous years. And we did pick up a number of additional people as the night went on. It was a good workshop and I think everyone had fun. Thanks to Brian and Kigs, my cohorts in chaos.
Fellow rodents turned out in force for our second annual rodent dinner. We found a nearby chinese restaurant that was able to seat our party of 11 without a big wait.
- Wore Safari around the con for about a half hour. He demonstrated his incredible huggability rating.
- Got to attend the entire fursuit airbrush panel this year. Wonderful demonstration. Thanks Lance and Eric.
- Had a nice chance to talk with Rubbertex Raccoon. I'll get to see that finished suit at FC next year, right? :)
- Sold some more copies of my book. What's really flattering is that I'm hearing other furs recommending it for new fursuiters, too!
- Met Pero. Saw Perro. Don't know anyone named Perrro.
- Saw a red-tailed hawk from a distance of two feet. Very pretty birds.
- Huge fursuit parade. Just shy of 300!
- I actually got a chance to walk through both the dealers' room and the art show. For me, that's unusual.
- Marko, our charming international guest, was at his first furry con. It was great to get a chance to introduce him to so many fandom traditions.
- SPark, Ysengrin, Dark Fang, Twig, Rummy, Tilton... Just generally hanging out with so many of my friends! I can't possibly name everyone.