||[Nov. 8th, 2007|12:38 pm]
- Japan's Kaguya probe is successfully orbiting the moon in what is a major triumph for JAXA. They even have a sample of returned video footage. The moon's now available in HD, though it's still B&W.
- Got to watch "Ratatouille" again. Remy's just too adorable. The DVD comes with a short bonus feature "Your Friend the Rat" which is a nice capsule history of rats, human interactions, and IT WAS THE DAMN FLEAS! RATS GOT THE PLAGUE TOO, YOU KNOW! :D
Update: It's on YouTube. Thanks Octavius.
- How many different forms can Mystery Science Theater be ressurected in? There was Riff Trax (Mike Nelson), then The Film Crew (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy), and now Cinematic Titanic (Joel Hodgson, J.E. Weinstein, Mary Jo Pehl, and Frank Conniff). Wow.
- Finished "Ratchet & Clank Future Tools of Destruction and Long Names". Great platform-shooter. But the ending was... a cliffhanger? a future spinoff? writers smoking bales of weed? Sad now.
- NaNo: Passed 11K. That's a little behind the target pace but not too bad.
So, did the MST3K gang just blow up from ego or was the show actually canceled? From all these web pages you would think they are all trying to outdo each other
The show was actually cancelled. Twice. (Once by Comedy Central and once by Sci-Fi Channel.)
Some cast members drifted away over the years to pursue other projects. AFAIK, they're all generally amiable about it. (Joel and Frank even returned to the show in its last season to do special guest cameos.)
Huh. Hadn't seen or heard of that one. I'll check it out later...
The flash animation plays pretty glitchy and slow. Personally I think Jim is trying to squeeze out what he can to make some extra $$$ on the series, while the real talent has it where its at doing Riff Trax.
Wow, Joel looks... average joe at that age. o.o
And in 1347, rats became totally metal.
And stayed there since.
Oh, it was not
the fleas! It was the actual plague itself! You don't want to have Buzzy
or any other insect members of the furry world miffed at you, do you?
(Of course, if I meet an anthro virus
, I have no idea what I'm going to say...
Even the Ratatouille DVD spreads the myth that rats spread the plague? "Et tu, Brutus?"
No, it's a platform for Remy to complain about that myth. My insert text was trying to capture the flavor of their ratty presentation. :)
Oh, thank goodness! My faith in Remy is restored. I didn't think he'd let himself be associated with that anti-rat propaganda.
"We will not be held responsible for ill effect resulting from your silly insistance on rat-human interatctions."
This is simply amazing, almost like being in a capsule orbiting!
Loved the Raratouille short. The ending part was icing on the cake, but I loved the 2D animation for the rats.
I fully expect that R&C is getting a sequel (I know "Secret Agent Clank" is due for the PSP and will connect to Tools of Destruction, but I don't believe it's the sequel.). But yes, that's probably the first PS3 game to wow me.
I'll have to check out the moon footage this weekend. It probably won't look as good in my old monitor.
I'll probably be getting Ratatouille this weekend. Then I'll be more informed on the anti-rodent propoganda.
since you already have a VCR, you might wish to consider the products of El Gato
, which makes basically consumer-priced analog -> DV bridges that plug into Macs. If your goal is to record the tapes to a digital format, this is both cheaper and saves you the DVD ripping step.