Presenting another edition of "News or Not?" Most of the following are real news stories, but I threw a few fictitious items into the list and tried to camouflage them. Before clicking the links, can you tell the decoys apart?
- Thong-Wearing Burglar Films Himself -- Hint: if you plan on wearing almost nothing, don't videotape yourself so that you can be easily identified by the police.
- Modern Technology Requires Dog to Start Car -- You know those transponder security chips in cars? Evidently they smell like bacon.
- Government Jobs Advertised on Craig's List -- High-level government jobs are quietly being advertised in more modern outlets.
- Pakistan's President Appears on Daily Show -- CNN reduced to reporting about appearance of Musharraf on someone else's news program.
- Fortune Cookie Actually Contains Winning Lottery Numbers -- Multi-state lottery prized claimed by a horde of people in a 110-way tie.
- Wife With Cheating Husband Advertises It on a Billboard -- The best way to let your partner know you've found out about that little piece of tail he's kept on the side? Foot-high typefaces.
- Three-Year Old Buys a Car -- Modern technology (his mom's unsupervised computer) enabled a young boy to buy a car on eBay. This is SO coming out of his allowance!