||[Nov. 1st, 2010|09:35 pm]
NaNoWriMo this year. First time in five years I haven't. :PUnfortunately, I'm not doing |
It was a deliberate choice, based on other things going on right now. I'm helping Kit during some of the rough early parts of pregnancy. Also have a couple furry projects going on, including two commissions that need to have time set aside. (And I'm not being paid for my writing time -- yet!)
On the writing front, though, I'm still progressing:
- I've completed rewrites on "A Place Without Walls" and am querying agents. (Finally!) Will post here if there's any exciting news, obviously.
- I'm outlining my next novel project. I have a setting and sample chapter; still fleshing out major storyline and characters.
- Working on a couple short pieces, here and there.
So given the multitude of projects, I'm officially skipping NaNoWriMo. I'll miss the rush and community spirit. But, as you see, I have plenty to keep me busy with my own rush. :)
Best of luck to everyone who is participating, though! Remember my two pieces of advice:
- Shoot for 2000 words per day. 1667 is just the minimum.
- Caffeine and sleep are totally interchangeable. Honest. ;)