- Republican Horrified to Discover that Christianity Is Not the Only Religion -- Sounds like an Onion article but, sadly, isn't. Louisiana legislator Valarie Hodges voted for a religious school voucher program then became upset (and made some really questionable comments) when she learned the vouchers could be used at Muslim schools too.
- Local Journalism Non-Award -- Article titled "Police Say Suspect in Tuscaloosa, Ala., Bar Shooting Has Been Taken Into Custody" has, as it's total contents, that sentence. With a dateline added, to be fully redundant.
- Thieving Rodents Explain Tree Survival Mystery -- At first, I was upset that they were "thieving" and not "harvesting" or "scavenging"... but these agoutis actually do steal fruits from each others' caches, spreading the seeds of the tree much further than scientists had thought.
- Police Officer Responding to "Vicious" Dog Call Ends Up Adopting -- A feel-good story about an animal control call, which is something that doesn't happen often. Kudos to this officer! And you have to love that picture. That dog's dangerous, all right! You could have your eyebrow licked off!
- New Model of Fiat May Include In-Car Espresso Maker -- "Driving Under the Influence" does not apply to caffeine.
- Magic (or Jedi Mind Tricks?) of the Muppets -- Demonstrating the magic of puppetry. Even when standing next to a fully visible puppeteer, you end up looking at and interacting with the muppet because they're "more real". That's a compliment to that performer, I say!
Finally, a reminder for furry parents like myself:
You cannot force your children to be what you want. It just doesn't work. ;)